This introductory course is for parents of children in French-Second-Language (FSL) programs and individuals who are interested in learning/familiarizing themselves with the French language.
The courses is offered to parents and individuals in Brandon and Portage-la-Prairie in Spring 2016.
Participants will learn:
– basic elements of the French language;
– practical strategies that can be used to support children as they progress through FSL programs;
– with other parents who have made similar educational choices for their children;
– in an enjoyable, interactive and stimulating environment!
How can the course help?
The introductory course will enhance your understanding and appreciation of the:
– basics of the French language;
– curriculum followed in FSL programs;
– methodology of FSL learning, which is a part of the everyday life experience of your child/children;
– French culture and cultural activities that can be enjoyed by your whole family;
– value of French language learning and how it can broaden life experiences as well as educational options and career paths.
How to register?
Contact the CPF-MB office at (204) 222-6537, or toll free at 1 877 737 7036.