Canadian Parents for French – Manitoba (CPF-MB) is looking for an Executive Director.
Work Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reports To: Board of Directors
Why We Want You:
You lead with vision and passion. You are adaptable, confident, and collaborative when navigating change. You are results driven when deploying resources, consistent and reliable when reporting results. You exercise authority in accordance with by-laws and policies, and at the direction of the Board.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the organization. They are responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization.
1. Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading CPF-MB in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
2. Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for securing revenue necessary to support the organization’s mission by developing funding proposals for multiple sources.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and periodic reports that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization, and annual audited financial statements.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3. Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for the implementation of CPF-MB’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that CPF-MB can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of CPF-MB’s image by being active and visible in communities throughout the province and by working closely with municipal, provincial, and national stakeholders.
4. Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for the effective administration of CPF-MB’s operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- A commitment to CPF-MB’s mission, vision and values;
- Enthusiasm for the role and its demands;
- A talent for strategic thinking with experience writing proposals and reporting results;
- An ability to work positively, cooperatively and respectfully with others;
- Personal and professional integrity, wisdom, and judgement;
- Experience in and understanding of governance including the roles and responsibilities of the Board and the difference between governance and operations;
- An ability to conduct meetings, to participate actively in deliberation and group processes;
- Experience managing multiple projects, fundraising, and supporting a volunteer base;
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a willingness to engage in public speaking;
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
Language Requirements: While bilingualism (English and French) is not a requirement for this position, it is considered an asset. CPF-MB is an organization that promotes the learning and use of French for all Canadians.
- Candidates must legally be eligible to work in Canada.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Experience in member and volunteer driven organizations are strong assets.
This is a full-time, 1-year contract position with annual opportunities for renewal. Hours will be Monday to Friday, typically 8:30 – 4:30, with flexibility in terms of start and finish times. There will be some evening and weekend work involved in this position. The starting salary will be negotiated, commensurate with experience and qualifications. You’ll also receive an excellent benefits package.
How To Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter, in English, telling us why you think you’d be a great leader at Canadian Parents for French – Manitoba.
Send to Michael Hudon at [email protected], by the end of day on Tuesday, December 8, 2020.
Please indicate “Executive Director” in the subject line. Interviews will be scheduled as qualified applications are received. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CPF-MB is committed to employment equity.
Job Description Executive Director.